Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Had a nice week away, now I wait...

I am home again after a week in the valley.  We got the moving truck on the 21st and with lots of help from family and friends, got it loaded.  It was actually pretty quick since we had everything in the garage.  Then my hubby and our son unloaded the attic storage.  That was a mess that resulted in some more stuff for donation & repacking a few things.  It is amazing how much stuff we accumulate and really don't need or use.  We left at 7:00am on Saturday the 22nd to drive over to Lebanon & put everything in storage.  The weather was wonderful and with more help from family & friends we got it unloaded in record time.  Sophie (our dog) and I stayed with our son & daughter in love and I was able to spend time with my hubby during the day.  We looked at some homes & of course, found one we loved.  But it will have to wait for us, because we aren't going to have two mortgage payments.  If it is meant to be ours, then it will work out...if not, then we will find another home.  We had fun with our son & daughter in love on Tuesday going to Joe's Crab Shack in Vancouver, WA (YUM!) and then went to IKEA in Portland to check it out.  I'd never been there & it was huge!  We didn't buy anything, but I may go back for some drawer organizers after I move.  It was nice not to have to think about anything & just enjoy being together.

We had someone look at our house in Redmond on Thursday and then they wanted to see it again with another family member on Saturday.  That got my hopes up, but we haven't heard anything else since.  I just have to be patient.


I enjoyed the beautiful green fields in the valley.  I wish I had taken some pictures to share, but I wasn't focused enough for that!  LOL!  So I found this one that really resembles what I saw.  The weather was warm for winter, 55 during the day, 34 at night.  It didn't get above freezing here yesterday & expected to be about 8 degrees tonight with a wind chill close to 0 degrees.  But at least it isn't snowing!

I did get a trip in to a couple of thrift stores but only found a few wooded spools of thread, which I snatched up.  They will be great for my bottle brush trees this year that I make.  I kinda wish I had kept out my boxes of trees to bleach & tint while I am bored, but they are somewhere in storage.

We got back to Redmond Friday and we are back in the routine of me being here & my hubby being over there...I hate it!  Sometimes I feel like this has been going on forever, but the reality is that it has been 2 months...two long months in winter. 

So I wait for the house to sell.  I keep praying that God is preparing a family to move into this home.  I want it to be sooner rather than later, but it is in His Timing...His Perfect Timing.  Life is full of waiting for things and we are building our patience! 

Isaiah 40:31 
But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. (NKJV)



Hopemore Studio said...

Cindy, This is quite an adventure you are on...it is so hard to wish and wait and hope for the best. I believe it all work out for you. In the mean time maybe this is a chance to try something new, a small unobtrusive craft to keep the hands and mind busy? I love embroidery but others do cross stitch or crochet...Just a thought.

Take care,

Unknown said...

Hi Cindy, I want to thank you for adding my family to your prayer list. I am so uneasy tonight and every little prayer helps. I know that the Lord and his angels are keeping her calm I just wish I could say I was.

It sounds like you staying very busy trying to sell your home. I hope that perfect buyer is right around the corner and your soon with you hubby all the time.
Hugs....Tracy :)