Pages

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Shabby Chic Lampshade

I gave you a little teaser on my Easter post about what I've been working on for my studio.  I finished it last night and the sun hasn't cooperated, so these pictures are not as good as they could be, which is frustrating!  But oh well, it is suppose to rain again, so I will post these anyway.

So here is the reveal...  My Shabby Chic Lampshade on my antique base....Tada!
I have had this lamp for many years.  I bought it at an estate sale for $3.00 and the lampshade I got at a yard sale a few years ago for $1.00.  I used antique laces, beaded trim, doilies, velvet ribbon, paper & fabric roses, other trims, buttons, and pearls.  I used several pieces that I have been saving.  The white fabric rose was in the goodies I got from Sandy at Quill Cottage; I knew that I had to use it first thing...that was my inspiration.  I raided my vintage laces and buttons.  The only thing I bought were the white paper roses for $5.00 {only used part of a package}.  Everything else I had on hand.  It is sitting on a doily that my Great~Aunt Myrtle made over 22 years ago.  It will go on my computer desk in my studio.  Here are some close ups...
What are you working on?  My next project is to finish something I started for my grand~daughters.  Even though they passed away, I am going to complete the banners for their memory boxes.  It is a labor of love...

Have a wonderful rest of your week!
Blessings,
Cindy

I'm linking to: 
Faded Charm's White Wednesday
Common Ground's Vintage Inspiration 
At the Picket Fence's Inspiration Friday
The Charm of Home's Home Sweet Home
French Country Cottage's Feathered Nest Friday
The Shabby Nest's Frugal Friday
My Romantic Home's Show and Tell Friday

14 comments:

Vee said...

Oh, Cindy, that turned out so beautifully. Miss Sandy sure does inspire. I'm taking a closer look at all of these photos. It's just so lovely...

Lisalulu said...

oh wow, this is beautiful...each and every side!! so creative you are!!!

Charmingdesigns said...

That is just stunning!!! Cant wait to see what your next project is!

Unknown said...

I think youve done a superb job! Theres never enough of ace and roses is here? :)

Hugs,

Anonymous said...

Wonderful job Cindy, it's gorgeous! Amazing what embellishments can do...I love the addition of the roses.

Shabby chic Sandy said...

That looks so pretty. You did a great job! I am in pillow making mode right now--but recently got fabric to make a flea market cart liner I am anxious to make too.

EllenaElizabeth said...

P R E T T Y

foreverdecorating said...

Unexpectedly beautiful.

Terry said...

I had to tell you what a beautiful lamp you've created!

sunnyskiesandsweettea said...

What a beautiful Lamp shade!! You did a wonderful job. Blessings to you,
Amy Jo

Jana@Transformations From the Heart said...

Your lamp turned out just beautiful. It has that old fashioned look to it which I love.

Lynn B said...

What a talented lady! Everything you do is beautiful. Hugs, Lynn

Debra@CommonGround said...

This is so pretty, Cindy, just wanted to let you know I'm featuring your lampshade for VIF tomorrow, thanks for linking up to the party!

The Charm of Home said...

It is beautiful! Thank you for joining me at Home Sweet Home!
Sherry