Pages

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Found Treasures...& a charm from Katie's Rose Cottage

I received a package Saturday of a beautiful charm I had ordered from Katie's Rose Cottage.  She had a 40% off sale & I couldn't resist.  She delivered promptly & even added a special gift; a pretty tag she had made.  You need to check out her items because they are a treat for the eyes!  Here's her blog:  http://katiesrosecottage.blogspot.com/2011/02/jewelry-sale.html  (copy & paste)
I just love the charm!  Isn't the tag lovely?


 I found some treasures at Goodwill last week and thought I'd share them.  I am always looking for paintings and fell in love with this simple ocean scene...
It is only 11" x 13"

 Then I found a little creamer~sugar set and a tea cup; both were only 2 inches tall!  I'm collecting small containers for my bottle brush trees & these will look really sweet.  Although I must admit, it will be hard to separate the creamer~sugar set.  Maybe I will have to sell them as a pair.  It is hard to see in the picture but there is a faint snowflake pattern on the teacup in the bold gold stripe.









































I was really excited when I found some Homer Laughlin bowls.  They are so delicate and pretty.  The only thing that was disappointing is that there were only 3; but I got them anyway.  I hope to add to the collection.  They were only 99 cents each!

Also in the picture below are a blue dish with birds; I will add eggs & more fluff to the nest when I can.  I got it at Real Deals.  The white batten~burg lace topper I got at Ross for $1.99!  It will look nice on my round table in the guest room in our new home.  I always love hunting for new treasures to add to my collections or use in my craft projects.  I have a friend, Melody, that loves thrifting, so we have a blast together.  She always calls & asks if I "need to get away".  It is a perfect friend match~up because we look for different things!!  I am going to miss her something fierce when I move away.  We have already planned on her coming to visit & we'll check out the thrift stores there.  We have way too much fun when we are together.  But that is what friends are for...
 Blessings,
Cindy


  

3 comments:

Lori @ Katies Rose Cottage Designs said...

Cindy ~
Your are so sweet to
do a blog post about
your charm and my
website :)
You found some wonderful
treasures too!!

xoxo
Lori

Unknown said...

You really did find some goodies Cindy! And Katie's items are so pretty too! Thank you for coming over and leaving me such sweet post this week. And I wish you good luck with my giveaway. It was so nice of you to post it on your blog.

I really love that pink rose creamer and sugar dish.

Love...Tracy :)

Rebecca Gellars said...

Thanks for wwriting this