Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Not Too Shabby Chic Cabinet

My hubby finished working on a cabinet I got at Barb's Vintage Marketplace show (this is a link to her blog) on August 4th.  The price was right ($69) but it was a little too shabby for me and needed a little a lot of TLC.  My dear hubby worked on it by cutting down one leg to match the other one that had a missing chunk, redoing the window caulking, adding some trim work to even the front, new hinges, and then lotsa sanding & white paint in an eggshell finish.  We then added the toile fabric to the inside of the window.  I am thrilled with it and our Keurig coffees & teas are at home inside, along with some recipe books.  I didn't get any good pictures beforehand of the cabinet, but trust me...it is a vast improvement! 
On top, I have some hydrangeas and roses soaking in some glycerin water to see how they do.  The roses are in mini vases I got at an estate sale for $1...for the 6!  They have a design cut in them which is lovely.  Hope you are having a wonderful week!  I decided that yesterday was going to be a marvelous Monday, today a Terrific Tuesday, tomorrow a Wonderful Wednesday, etc.......Make it a good day!

Blessings,
Cindy

I'm sharing with  
White Wednesday 
Common Ground's Vintage Inspiration

4 comments:

Michelle said...

It looks great. I love the fabric chose.

Unknown said...

Brilliant!!! I love how it turned out! What a stunning piece! :D

Hugs,

must love junk said...

Your cabinet looks gorgeous! Just found you and am your newest follower-I'd love you to visit and say hi :)
Susan

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! I love the fabric behind the glass! I have an ugly old china cabinet waiting to be prettied up. I may have to to this! Thanks for the inspiration.

Hope you have a great weekend hun!