Pages

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Gift for a Special Friend

I have been pretty busy with work and life in general, besides doing a couple of projects lately.  I had wanted to make Sonya of Counting My Blessings blog something after her beloved, Mel, went to be with the Lord in July.  I wanted it to have meaning for her.  After thinking about it and praying for guidance, I got the inspiration for this...
It is really hard to get a good picture that shows you the details, but at least you can get the idea.  I painted first on canvas in several layers, the background in neutral and blue hues, then adding some texture to the upper right in streaks along with white and more neutral paint to symbolize rays.  I added some white, champagne metal, and more neutral paint by stamping and handpainting swirls and dots.  I sprinkled some glitter on the rays for some sparkle.  It is vintage lace with pearls sewed on the bottom, vintage buttons, and more vintage laces, and a large vintage swarovski crystal from the 1940's on another vintage button and scrollwork piece on the top.  I made the butterfly with pages from a book, a butterfly clipart, and butterfly cutout from textured paper and wire curled with pearls for the body.  It has been so nice to be creating again and particularly painting again, although this is completely different than any painting style I have done.  It is totally experimental!  I will try to post again soon since I have been sporatic in blogging.  I have so much to share!

Have a 
Blessed Week,
Cindy

1 comment:

Jane and Lance Hattatt said...

Hello Cindy:
What an exceedingly kind, thoughtful and wonderful gift. We are sure that Sonya will treasure it for all of the love and kindness which it contains.