Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quill Cottage Challenge!

Sandy at Quill Cottage challenged her readers to make a project with some images she posted.  I haven't done anything like this before and since she allowed me plenty of time, I thought...why not??  I chose a little girl with roses, since I love roses.  We were also instructed to add "Dream" somewhere on the creation, one of my favorite words!  So I got busy, made a fun mess pulling out lots of goodies to create with and ended up with this collage.  I added some chalk to the picture to accent the roses, leaves, and her dress & scarf.  I chalked around the picture in light blue, as well as the pink mat.  I inked around each element also in black after using victorian scissors.  I stamped on aqua binding the word "Dream", one letter at a time, since I don't have that small of stamp with the complete word.  I used some vintage lace, crushed velvet ribbon, buttons, crochet tiny pink doily, paper flowers, silk roses, tiny blue accent flowers, and porcelain daisies.  I also added some bling from a rhinestone bracelet and a star with pearls.  The final touch was writing "Dream" all over the printed background in a glitter pen that only shows the glitter, no color. 

I had so much fun doing this and I know that many talented ladies are about to show off their creations too.  I can't wait to see what everyone came up with.  Be sure and visit Sandy at Quill Cottage, if you don't already know her.  She is so talented and you couldn't meet anyone sweeter.  I'm happy to have met her in blogland!

Blessings,
Cindy

I'm linking to:
Quill Cottage~ Barefoot Dreams Art Challenge Link Party
My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia~ Tuesday's Treasures
A Diamond in the Stuff~ Time to Shine #54
Show Me What Ya Got #59 @ Not Just a Housewife 
White Wednesday#137 @ Faded Charm 
Wow Us Wednesdays #51 @ Savvy Southern Style
Show & Share #25 @ Vintage Gwen
Whatever Goes Wednesday #102 @ Someday Crafts 

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how pretty! We chose the same picture!:) I love the work you put into the frame-so very feminine!

God has blessed you with a lot of talent!

So nice to "meet" you through Sandy's challenge! Have a blessed week, Cindy!

JD/ Jill said...

This is so lovely! very nicely done!

Sandy said...

Cindy,

This is just beautiful! I love all the bling and pretty flowers and yummy velvet ribbon. Thank you so much for joining and and letting your creativity shine! I am so glad we are blog neighbors too.

Vee said...

You've never done anything like this before? Wow. I'd never know because it is simply gorgeous. The layering...I doff my cap to you! Well done!

Dora said...

I love roses too! But you've included so many beautiful flowers here. Besides the neatly colored flowers and the whole assembly of the picture, I really love the pinwheel doily with the pink pearls. Sweet!

Unknown said...

Your creation is so sweet!

Gail said...

Cindy,
I absolutely love what you created! Wonderful job, I don't envy Miss Sandy having to choose....:)

xo,
Gail

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! When I clicked to enlarge I could see the gold handwritten 'dreams' in the background.... what a wonderful touch. Love your flowers and buttons, too. A lovely piece.

Marjie Kemper said...

Beautiful! When I clicked to enlarge I could see the gold handwritten 'dreams' in the background.... what a wonderful touch. Love your flowers and buttons, too. A lovely piece.

Charmingdesigns said...

You did such a beautiful job. I am in love with the piece of lace along the bottom.

Unknown said...

Sandy is a dearie indeed! :) I love her projects and I love yours too! What a fun craft to make and such a lovely image! :)

Hugs,

Lynn B said...

I love this piece, you did such a great job. I might just try to do something like this.

Whitney Cypert said...

This frame is just perfect!! I love the shabby chic/scrapbook feel it has to it. Great job!!

I am your newest follower! : )

Lorraine said...

Soooo cute, great job! Thanks for sharing! ~Lorraine ♥♥♥

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful too, Cindy.
Sorry, I thought I'd follow on Linky but never found the gadget.
Looking forward to visiting anyhow.
Much love!