Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Trip to the Oregon Coast

Well, the camping trip was canceled for a trip to the coast instead because of the weather.  It actually snowed where we were going to camp!  Good decision!  We went to Newport, Oregon with a forecast of rain & wind predicted,  but  that isn't what happened.  It ended up being warm & sunny most of the time!  What a blessing!  We stayed in a hotel on the beach with a view.  When it did storm, it was nice to watch from a warm room.  
 
  We met our oldest son, Josh & his wife, Jamie for lunch at our favorite spot, Mo's.  If you ever get to the Oregon coast, there are several of these restaurants in the central coast area and they have great food and views.  They are not fancy, but fun local ambiance with benches instead of chairs and usually noisyThey are busy in the tourist season, but the wait is worth it.

We all enjoyed a walk on the beach and then a walk through a huge antique storeI got a driftwood with a lighthouse burned into it for our bathroom, when I redo the theme from Coca-Cola to beachy.  That will be my next project for redecorating...

 



Here is my driftwood  treasure
and a beaded tassel I got for $2
on clearance.






 My hubby, Tom and I enjoyed the rest of our stay with walks on the beach, good food, good conversation and good shopping.  We hit the outlet mall in Lincoln City on Saturday morning after a great breakfast in a little hole in the wall place in Newport.  Then we enjoyed walking around a favorite antique store.  I found some treasures there for a project I'm working on to sell this holiday season. 

Here is some retro glass bead garland I got at the antique store and a sneak peek at things to come...





I took some awesome pictures of our drive on the old coast highway back from Lincoln City.  We hadn't went that way in many years and it was so beautiful.  I have a passion for taking pictures of the ocean beaches and God's beauty He has given us.  I am thankful for digital cameras because I can take a whole bunch of photos and whittle them down to the best.  I hope you enjoy the pictures half as much as I had taking them.



 Depoe Bay...


 And a little friend... a chipmunk having a snack.



Along the old coast highway; a one way narrow stretch of road with beautiful scenery.



This view is from our hotel room.  Saturday night's sunset as the sun disappeared into the stormy clouds. I miss it already... so peaceful.

 
Blessings,
Cindy

2 comments:

The Rustic Victorian said...

What a blessing your photos are to me today. I guess I am a little homesick...no, alot.. I have been to every one of these places,,,is the Chipmunk/squirel photo taken at the Punch Bowl? We would feed them regularly on our weekly shopping trips to Newport, they are so tame there. We also took the one way road along side the mountian back to the highway many times. Did you stop at a view point called Rodao Point? It's our spot, we sat on the little bench on the cliff and watched the sunset, everyweek, unless it was cold and you would get splashed. My man scrached our initials on the sign, in a heart...you do crazy things when you are in love. We really fell in love in Lincoln City, and were married there. Depoe Bay, good place to watch whales. Such good, good memories. Thank you Cindy.
Love
Marcie
sleeping in a tent is for the young anyhow.

Blessings from Cindy said...

Marcie,
I am so glad that sharing my coast trip was a blessing to you! That makes it all worthwhile! The coast is my hubby's & my favorite place to go. Married in Lincoln City... how wonderful! Rodao Point doesn't sound familiar. Will have to find it next time. It sounds lovely. I will look for your heart too! *sweet* The chipmunk is at Depoe Bay. Thank you for letting me know how my blog touched you. Homesickness is really hard. I've moved many times in my married life but not as far as you...but I understand.
Blessings to you,
Cindy